Friday, October 5, 2007

Emailing me your essay -- some formatting notes

These are not critically important notes. If you have already sent me your essay you're done and can breathe easily, perhaps take a day off from thinking about Shakespeare.
  1. I have Word 2003 for the Mac, which means that I can't read Word 2007 documents or convert them into a format in which I can read them.

    To help me out here, please save your essay as a .DOC or as a .RTF (Rich Text Format) file. This is as simple as opening your essay up in Word, choosing Save As... from the File menu, and choosing either Word 97-2003 Document or Rich Text Format from the Save As Type drop-down box.

    Here are directions from the Microsoft website. The process is almost exactly the same no matter what word-processing program you use.

  2. So that I don't drown in files named Essay 1.doc, I'd really appreciate it if you could save your essay as [Surname] 1.doc -- if I were to turn an essay in to myself, it would be Shapiro 1.doc... and I would be crazy.

  3. If the essay doesn't come in exactly at 5:00 then that's completely fine. Don't push this too far, but if your essay is half an hour late then that isn't something to be stressed out about.

No comments: