Monday, November 19, 2007

The online discussion begins!

Carl (307) has posted a comment about the supernatural and the state of nature as a response to comments that came up in discussion on Friday.

Feel free to follow Carl's lead! As he notes at the top of his post, you can earn up to 5 points toward your participation grade by posting thoughtful, substantive responses (like Carl's) to questions, ideas, and problems that were raised in discussion. You are also welcome to respond to ideas, etc., raised by other posters.

Note that you will need a use or create a Blogger account. (I think you are already signed up for Blogger if you have a Gmail or other Google-based account, though I could be wrong about that.) You are welcome to post pseudonymously if you would rather avoid posting your full name, just email me to be sure that I know who you are so that I can give you credit.

1 comment:

NinaBucci said...

It’s amazing to me that Shakespeare is able to embody, and capture the beliefs of the era in which he lived. In doing so I believe that he is exuding a certain type of power, if not control, over peoples way of interpreting certain events taking place in their lifetime. Shakespeare is able to play on his audience’s beliefs and mold and transform them in different ways, essentially making him a very authoritative figure. Instead of ending this with a suggestion, I am compelled to ask whether part of Shakespeare’s motives in writing plays such as Macbeth, and Henry V – were to take peoples opinions and conform them into certain beliefs that coincided with his own?